Growing Up Fort Collins inspired me to put together a summer bucket list today. Last year I shared some of my favorite summer activities in Northern Colorado in this post. While we'll definitely hit up a lot of those again this year, there are few new thing we'll be trying too!
1. Fairgrounds Splash Park in Loveland- We visited this park on Tuesday and it made my heart so happy! I love Spring Canyon Park but I have a hard time keeping up with Harper there and keeping her in the splash area when she can clearly see the giant playground right behind it. At Fairgrounds, there are a few pavilions that break thing up and keep her from running too far from me.
2. Take a hike: This is so not me. It'll be more of a nature walk with some hills probably but I really feel like we're missing out on all that Colorado has to offer! I want my kids to experience everything even if it's not my cup of tea ;) We'll probably try out Dixon Reservoir, where I shot Bryce's 4 year old photos, first.
3. Eat a tasty pastry at the farmer's market and buy some healthier foods to take home. This continues to be a Saturday morning favorite of mine. I love the people watching, warm air, and smell of fresh basil.
4. Lots of family barbecues and perfecting my pickle ball game in the beautiful golden sunlight.
5. Late summer nights at the Drive-in with the kids sleeping in the car while mom and dad watch the 2nd movie. We are so lucky to have the Holiday Twin Drive-in, make sure to help keep them running by enjoying their yummy concessions!
6. Taste of Fort Collins- We've gone the past two years and really enjoy trying out the new restaurants around town and soaking up the sun and live music.
7. Try a Food Truck- I've been wanting to try The Waffle Lab for sometime, but it's never worked out. Definitely on the list for this summer!
8. Tour New Belgium- We've lived here all of my adult life and visited New Belgium a couple of time but never taken the tour.
9. Take Harper to play mini golf at Fort Fun. She loves her back yard course so I think she would love the real thing.
10. Escape the heat with a round of bowling at Chipper' Lanes
11. Enjoy our membership to the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery.
What's on your bucket list?