It's that time of year! School is started, the weather is cooling and some really ambitious people are probably already done with their Christmas shopping. (Not me! I like to shop on Black Friday and the week before Christmas because I have a hard time keeping gifts a secret, lol) You are probably starting to think about what you'll be wearing in your Christmas card photos. Here are some of my tips for you! I love picking a couple of neutrals and adding in pops of color. Make sure there is a variety of texture and pattern. Each family member should look good with every other family member for smaller groups, like mom and daughters, father and son, just the kids, etc. Here, I've used blues and grays as my neutrals with pops of bold yellow. This would look great in an urban setting!
Love this look for either and urban or more outdoorsy session. The colors would pop beautifully against green before the leaves change and really shine against the golden colors of nature later in the year. Everybody has a little dash of color! Don't forget to add your favorite accessories too!
A few other things to remember:
- Make sure everyone is comfortable in their clothes and that they fit well. You don't want your kiddos pulling and their shirt in every shot.
- Nice neutral nail polish and lipstick for mom can really bring her look together.
- Please avoid neons! They do not photograph well, I promise :)
- Don't forget about your feet, they'll be in the picture too! Tennis shoes are probably not the best choice.
- Avoid big logos and slogans on shirt. They can take the focus away from your beautiful smiling faces.
- And last but not least, have fun! Express yourself and your family with what you wear!
Want more ideas? Look back through some of my past session, my clients have great style! I still have on space available at Chapunga Sculpture Park for fall family mini sessions this Sunday, September 15. Please contact me if you are interested at email@example.com or through the "Contact" button at the top of the page