I loved this maternity session with Matt and Marisa. On the day of the session, the weather was really iffy. It was windy and raining off and on and Marisa and I kept emailing back and forth over what to do. When it stopped raining at about 5pm and the overcast skies started to clear, I knew we’d have gorgeous light for their session just before the sun set. Matt and Marisa’s love each other and there little one is clear from these photos. I love the anticipation, excitement and the waiting you can sense in these maternity photos. I can not wait to meet their little girl! She is due very soon now and I can just picture her with a full head of soft newborn hair. Because I’m loving these sessions so much, I am still offering a complementary maternity session when you book your newborn session. Pregnancy is such a time of transition where you are just on the cusp of your whole life changing, whether it’s your first baby or your fifth. My maternity photos from my pregnancy with Drew are some of my very favorite. Contact me at email@example.com for more details and to book your maternity and newborn session. Maternity sessions are best between 32 and 36 weeks; newborn photos are best between 7 and 12 days old, so book early!
Posted in Photography
Growing Up Fort Collins inspired me to put together a summer bucket list today. Last year I shared some of my favorite summer activities in Northern Colorado in this post. While we’ll definitely hit up a lot of those again this year, there are few new thing we’ll be trying too!
1. Fairgrounds Splash Park in Loveland- We visited this park on Tuesday and it made my heart so happy! I love Spring Canyon Park but I have a hard time keeping up with Harper there and keeping her in the splash area when she can clearly see the giant playground right behind it. At Fairgrounds, there are a few pavilions that break thing up and keep her from running too far from me. 2. Take a hike: This is so not me. It’ll be more of a nature walk with some hills probably but I really feel like we’re missing out on all that Colorado has to offer! I want my kids to experience everything even if it’s not my cup of tea We’ll probably try out Dixon Reservoir, where I shot Bryce’s 4 year old photos, first.
3. Eat a tasty pastry at the farmer’s market and buy some healthier foods to take home. This continues to be a Saturday morning favorite of mine. I love the people watching, warm air, and smell of fresh basil.
4. Lots of family barbecues and perfecting my pickle ball game in the beautiful golden sunlight.
5. Late summer nights at the Drive-in with the kids sleeping in the car while mom and dad watch the 2nd movie. We are so lucky to have the Holiday Twin Drive-in, make sure to help keep them running by enjoying their yummy concessions!
6. Taste of Fort Collins- We’ve gone the past two years and really enjoy trying out the new restaurants around town and soaking up the sun and live music.
7. Try a Food Truck- I’ve been wanting to try The Waffle Lab for sometime, but it’s never worked out. Definitely on the list for this summer!
8. Tour New Belgium- We’ve lived here all of my adult life and visited New Belgium a couple of time but never taken the tour.
9. Take Harper to play mini golf at Fort Fun. She loves her back yard course so I think she would love the real thing.
10. Escape the heat with a round of bowling at Chipper’ Lanes
What’s on your bucket list?
Tags: Affordable Photographer, Fort Collins Baby Photographer, fort collins child photographer, Fort Collins Newborn Photographer, Ft Collins Photographer, Loveland Family Photography, Loveland Newborn Photographer, loveland newborn photography, Northern Colorado Family Photographer, Northern Colorado Newborn Photographer
Posted in Family, Local Events, Photography
I had an awesome time with Maddie throughout her Senior portrait experience! Before we ever met, we got to know each other over email and worked together to create a Pinterest board full of ideas from hair and make-up, to outfit options, to posing. On the day of her session we met at Jacque’s private salon for professional hair and make-up and then headed out to capture her in some gorgeous light, with the foothills of Fort Collins as a backdrop! Here’s what Maddie had to say about her session:
“Being a senior model for Dear Kate Studios was a great experience! We first got my hair and make up done by her friend in her own little salon and she did an awesome job! Then we set off to go to spring creek park where did about a 2 hour session, doing many poses like sitting or standing or even laying down, we did the basic senior poses and different poses that you don’t usually see! Kate is great with direction and easy to follow! She did an amazing job, I would recommend her not just for seniors but for family sessions or anything else! “
I’m offering an awesome early bird special to the first 5 people to book thier Senior Session with Dear Kate Studios! The weather is awesome, school is almost out, now is the perfect time! Email me at Kate@DearKateStudios.com for more details!!
Tags: Family, fort collins child photographer, Fort Collins Maternity Photography, Fort Collins Newborn Photographer, Fort Collins Photographer, fort collins senior photographer, fort collins senior pictures, fort collins senior portraits, ft collins newborn photographer, Ft Collins Photographer, ft collins senior photographer, ft collins senior pictures, ft collins senior portraits, loveland senior photographer, loveland senior photos, loveland senior pictures, loveland senior portraits
Posted in Photography, Portrait, senior
Three years ago this sassy, sweet, smart little girl entered our lives. She’s blown us away in some way or the other every day since. We are constantly laughing, even it’s through tears or frustration. You never know what the next thing out of her mouth will be. Don’t say something in front of her if you don’t want it repeated. She picks up on things we’d never notice. She has a memory that astounds me and comprehension of stories and situations that is beyond her years. She tests our limits and makes us work every day, but never makes us work for her love. She’s artistic and athletic, adventurous and sometimes timid, loud and quiet. We couldn’t imagine our lives with out her and thank this little person for making us parents.
Here she is gearing up for her Oscar performance in 2031. (Please forgive my obnoxious voice )
Posted in Photography